I’ve been watching a lot of TV. Maybe too much? But it’s ok, cause I also read books to unrot my brain. Like how I eat a salad before eating an entire bag of Haribo Sour S’ghetti, and it cancels each other out.
Anyways, the highlights of our recent tv/movie seshes –
- A Christmas Prince (Netflix) – A live-action Disney movie, complete with makeovers and animals. It’s ok, you can still watch it even though Christmas is over.
- Black Mirror, season 4 (Netflix) – Hang the DJ and Black Museum are especially good.
- Great Wall – I hated on it so hard when it was first coming out. But it turned out to be really entertaining with a great lesson/moral, and a strong woman lead. The style is similar to the Chinese/Taiwanese tv shows and movies I grew up watching with my parents, but with Matt Damon to bring it into the US market.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Netflix) – A light comedy tv show with singing! A MUSICAL TV SHOW.
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Amazon Prime) – Written by the writer/creator of Gilmore Girls, and it’s rated M cause of the language because the storyline, the dialogue, and the costumes are freaking fantastic. GIRL POWER.
- Bright (Netflix) – It has Will Smith in it. Welcome back Will Smith! It’s a hardcore modern-day cop movie, but with LORD OF THE RINGS characters and references. Amazing.